He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic.
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.
” --Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 13: Slide Sharing

I have to admit week 13 was my least favorite assignment for the 23 Things Kansas program.  If I want to share photographs, I use Flickr, Picasa,  or another photo sharing site. If I want to share a presentation, I'll send a PowerPoint presentation via email, or set up a webinar.  However, in the spirit of 23 Things, I explored Zoho Show, a online presentation tool.

I decided to use an old PowerPoint presentation I did on wikis for one of my MLS courses.  It is not one of my better ones, but it fit nicely with Week 15's topic.  It should have been a simple import, according to the cites documentation, but what I found was that nearly all of my formatting was erased.  Worse, the entire interface is extremely clunky for a presentation tool.  Zoho Show's tools are more fitting for a blog post, than a presentation.  After spending almost as much time on reformatting the presentation as I did creating the presentation, I created my Zoho Show.




None the less, the experience left me disappointed.  

What are your experiences with using Zoho?  Are there alternatives that are better?

No comments:

Post a Comment